Green Hot Sauce (Salsa Verde)
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
Note: We used some smoked chilis that we got from our in laws (New Mexico chilis that were charred, we removed the skin) we also added in 2 extra jalapenos for heat and a little cilantro. DELICIOUS
- 10-12 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 8 serrano chile peppers, sliced (we used 3 charred New Mexico chilis)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- Place the tomatillos, serrano peppers, onion, and garlic in a saucepan, and add water to just cover. Sprinkle the salt over the top, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the tomatillos are soft and have turned slightly brownish in color, 20 to 30 minutes. Add more water if needed to keep the mixture from burning as it cooks.Drain vegetables.
- Pour the cooked vegetables into a blender, and blend until smooth.