Monday, July 26, 2010

Taco Meat

Taco Meat
I found this at the My Kitchen Cafe Blog ... RECIPE HERE and to see her pretty pictures

Ground Beef Tacos
adapted from Joy of Cooking

Heat in a medium skillet over medium heat:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used canola oil)

Add:
3/4 cup chopped onion

Cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high and add:
1 pound ground beef

Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in:
1 to 3 garlic cloves ( I used garlic powder it worked great)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander (this is optional – but I love the flavor of coriander!)
Salt to taste (I used about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt)

Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add:
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced fine (alternately, you can add hot pepper sauce to taste or canned jalapenos OR just leave out the heat altogether, although I think the meat really needs a little kick and the 1 jalapeno I used wasn’t overly spicy)

Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 10 minutes.

Serve meat in taco shells (hard or soft) and your choice of toppings.

1 comment: